Whether you’re going to work, or across the world, leaving your pet is always hard. Our team at Palisades Veterinary Hospital understands, because we are more than veterinary professionals—we are pet parents, too. That’s why we offer the boarding experience we want for our own pets, so you can feel good about leaving your precious pet in our care. Learn more about our state-of-the-art, pet-centered resort, and what you can expect during your pet’s stay.
Our pet boarding resort: A home away from home
Our boarding facility was designed to feel like your pet’s second home. We offer spacious, air-conditioned indoor runs, inviting, enclosed outdoor play areas, and a clean, well-kept common area that will make your pet’s tail wag with excitement. For our feline guests, we offer peaceful penthouse boarding condos that are separated from our canine facilities and include lounging and napping perches in naturally sunlit areas. We know that cats are impacted by their physical environment, so we ensure our resort feels like a vacation home.
Our pet boarding resort: The highest quality veterinary care
When you leave your pet with us, we guarantee they will be well cared for should they require medical attention. Our veterinary team works closely with our boarding staff to address any concerns and ensure your pet feels their best. If your pet has a health condition that requires medication or supplements, you should inform our staff when you make their reservation, and we will customize a care plan. We are an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)-accredited veterinary hospital, which means we follow AAHA’s stringent guidelines and maintain the highest level of excellence in veterinary medical care. Also, you can schedule your pet’s examinations or procedures during their stay. These can include:
- Wellness exams
- Surgery (e.g., spay or neuter)
- Dental exams
- Routine bloodwork
Your pet’s safety and health are our top priorities—the reason we require proof that all pets who stay at our facility are current on vaccinations and parasite-free. Required vaccinations for dogs include:
- DA2PP within 12 months
- Current rabies
- Bordetella within six months
- Leptospirosis within 12 months
Required vaccinations for cats include:
- FVRCP within 12 months
- Current rabies
- FIV/FELV within 12 months, or a negative test within 24 months, with no history of outside activity
Our pet boarding facility: Plenty of pets and belly rubs
We consider you and your pet part of the Palisade Veterinary Hospital family, and that’s exactly how we care for your pet—like our own. We believe that your pet deserves not only a comfortable place to stay, but also compassionate care and attention from people they trust. Therefore, a stay with us includes:
- Caring staff — Your pet won’t have to look far for pets and belly rubs—our caring staff will provide plenty of both throughout the day.
- Play and exercise — For many pets, the best part of their stay is making and playing with new friends—they feel like they’re at summer camp. Every day, your pet will have opportunities for group play outdoors with other pets, as well as individual time with our dedicated kennel assistants.
- A piece of home — We want your pet to feel at home, and we ask that you bring your pet’s favorite toys, blankets, and bed. However, please do not bring rawhide bones, toys that your pet can destroy, or other items that may pose a choking hazard.
- Extra pampering — Who doesn’t want to come home to a fresh, fluffy pet? We offer a 50% discount on our grooming services, such as baths and pedicures, during your pet’s stay.
Our pet boarding facility: Plan ahead
We can’t wait for your pet to stay with us, but we ask that you ensure your pet is vacation-ready. Check off this list before booking your pet’s stay:
- Vaccinations — If necessary, schedule a veterinary appointment to ensure your pet’s vaccinations are current. If your pet is not an established patient at our hospital, one of our veterinarians will need to examine them before their stay.
- Check out our facilities — We encourage you to schedule a tour of our boarding facility prior to your pet’s stay. We are always happy to answer any questions.
- Reservations — Reserve your pet’s spot as far in advance as possible, especially during holiday seasons.
The decision where to board your pet is not one you make lightly, and we appreciate that you trust your precious pet’s care to us. If you have upcoming travel plans, read our boarding brochure to learn more about our services, and contact our Palisades Veterinary Hospital team to reserve your pet’s spot.